Immigrants wept, pleaded for water and pounded on the truck
The tractor-trailer was pitch-black inside, crammed with maybe 90 immigrants or more, and already hot when it left the Texas border town of Laredo for the 150-mile trip north to San Antonio.
- Small NC town planning big eclipse party
Life in the small town of Murphy, N.C., is usually pretty quiet. But the 1,600 souls who live there are preparing for a big influx.
- Police: Infant, 2 others injured in Raleigh crash
Several people, including an infant, were hospitalized following a Monday night crash in Raleigh.
- 'Adrenaline for sure': Officers capture Burmese python at Pittsboro storage facility
A massive Burmese python got loose in a Chatham County storage facility on Saturday.
- McCain making dramatic Senate return for crucial health vote
John McCain will make a dramatic return to the Senate for a make-or-break vote on Republican health care legislation Tuesday just days after getting diagnosed with brain cancer, giving an emotional and arithmetical boost to his party's reeling effort to repeal Obamacare.
- Teenage driver livestreams crash that killed sister
A teenage driver lost control of her car while she was livestreaming on Instagram and recorded part of the crash that authorities said Monday killed her younger sister in California.
- Holiday Express tickets on sale at 8 a.m., TUESDAY
- Tales of an Educated Debutante: Calling all mothers
- Need new books for summer reading? Quail Ridge hosts authors of two new middle grade books
- What's a dream, her son asked. This mom answered by writing a picture book
- 'Tale as old as time ...' N.C. Theatre opens 'Beauty and the Beast' this week
- View More »
More Top News
|—S&P 500||2,469.91||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||46.99||-0.49 (-1.03%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||119.31||+0.05 (+0.04%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- WRAL WeatherCenter Forecast
- Trial continues for accused killer of Granville couple (part 1)
- Gov. Cooper holds GenX briefing to discuss Cape Fear River investigation
- Kushner statement: I did not collude with Russia